Thursday, March 15, 2012

Week 31


I swear I'm not partial to the oddly numbered weeks...it's just that I've been so super busy lately! I'm working on my National Board Certification, which has been a huge time suck until I get everything finished, which is (thankfully) in the very near future!

Had our most recent check up a week ago, and everything looks good. Baby girl is still head down, so hopefully she'll stay that way for the last 2 months here. She's pretty much been that way since December, so I'm thinking she's comfy and happy like that. Her heartbeat was nice and strong and the doctor said she probably weighs about 3ish pounds. We have officially reached the point of going to for checkups every 2 weeks, so back to the doctor we go next Wednesday!

This picture pretty much sums up my tiredness levels. Check out those eye bags - yeesh.

How far along? 31 Weeks
Total weight gain: 12 lbs. (uh, yeah that would be 6 pounds in a month. ouch)
Baby is the size of: 4 navel oranges (16 inches from head to heel)
Maternity clothes? still fitting into some of my looser fitting pre-pregnancy tops and I can wear a lot of regular clothes just a size up from normal
Stretch marks? none - hooray!
Sleep: no bueno. I still have the weirdest dreams and I have pretty much since day 1.
Best moment this week: finishing the changing table (which is just an Ikea dresser) which was a serious accomplishment on mine and Josh's part. We worked a little each night and managed not to totally screw anything up!
Miss Anything? so many things...
Movement: I'm getting a sense of her sleeping and waking patterns, but I think she's just a really chill baby overall. Hopefully this is a reflection of her personality! I feel more stretches than kicks, although last week I'm pretty sure she was having some kind of dance party right before bed.
Food cravings: sweets, oranges
Anything making you queasy or sick: pickles
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: minus the giant beach ball attached to my midsection, a little swelling in my feet and legs, but nothing too miserable
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake. And kind of numb? Not sure how normal that is. Oh well.
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy with occasional periods where I find everything incredibly irritating. Like the fact that our DVR hasn't worked for a week.
Looking forward to: finishing up the nursery -
getting there little by little!

No comments:

Post a Comment