Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Woes of a Working Mommy

School officially started back this week, and I had a harder time leaving my little HH than I thought I would. Don't misinterpret: I love my job. I work with an amazing group of people and I have an incredible opportunity to make a difference in the life of a child, but I couldn't help but feel homesick after having spent every day of the last three months with my sweet little baby. I am so fortunate that she gets to spend the days with her daddy rather in daycare somewhere, but I MISS being with her. I (selfishly) worry that she will start to prefer Josh over me, or that I'm laying the foundation for years of therapy because she's developing abandonment issues because her mom wasn't around when she was little. Score one for me, I only cried the first two days on the way to work and managed to narrow it down to a whimper or two by day three, but no tears were shed. Everyone says it will get easier with time...I'm hoping they're right.

Now for what you really came for: baby pictures.

She LOVES her mobile. As soon as you turn it on, she smiles like this and coos at the ladybugs.




Officially outgrew her 3mo onesies. Couldn't get it over her giant noggin'.

2 comments:

  1. this must be so hard for you :( i have a hard time being separated evening for an evening when my "chick" is w/ a sitter. i bet it brings you a lot of comfort to know that she's in such fantastic hands while you're apart. AND i bet when you get back home, your time together is SO sweet :) hope you have a GREAT school year!

    ReplyDelete