Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Perfect Day

Today really took me by surprise.  I'll admit that I've been having a tough time lately.  I've been feeling pretty down about being away from HH with a busy work schedule and feeling like I was missing out on so many important things going on with her, and it was starting to affect the time I spent with her at home.  I felt like any time she was fussy or cried, it was somehow my fault.  Something lacking in my parenting that was causing her to be upset. Maybe if I was home more or nursing more often or whatever my irrational mind decided was important at the time, she'd be happier.  That's a lot of pressure to put on yourself. Long story short, I have not been the most pleasant person to be around lately because of it.  But today helped me to put things in perspective a little.  All because of a trip to the pumpkin patch.

The weather was beautiful, the company was excellent, and we had a wonderful day.  I just got to enjoy being with my baby and relishing in one of her firsts, even if Baby's First Pumpkin isn't a milestone in the baby book, it was special to me.  I may miss things like her first step, her first word, the first time rolling over, or the first time she found her feet (which, by the way, I did miss this week), but I can still be a part of some special firsts, even if they are a little silly.

So here's to the Working Mommy Milestones, starting with Harbor's First Trip to the Pumpkin Patch.




3 comments:

  1. I completely can understand this post. I feel like William sometimes fusses because he is in daycare and would not as much if I were home with him. So silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious! The Pumpkin Patch is a milestone! Even though I don't have any children yet, I worry about this all the time because our job is so demanding and we do enjoy what we do. It's a fear of mine but I am so glad that you are realizing that Harbor will always love you and you will always be her #1! She is so stinking cute! Take care and hope all is well! Is Josh almost through with the Ph.D? I lack one, maybe two more years. -TA

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures! I cannot wait to get my hands on that little girl!

    Pumpkin Patch is a big deal! It's a great easy, inexpensive local trip with the family. Plus the kids love it! You are both fabulous parents and Harbor will only remember how great her childhood was and that was was loved, not that you weren't there every hour of every day. Promise.

    By the way, even stay at home moms miss things. Lila started walking at church and no one told me. For two weeks. They thought she was walking at home, but she wasn't!

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete